Watercolour: Goldfish
Watercolour: Goldfish
Although this goldfish has made peace with his new surroundings.... four walls of glass, it cannot stop from dancing around and flailing his fins, while he twirlers down to inspect his green, blue and purple jewels at the bottom of his tank.
I enjoyed watching the goldfish swimming around; and a lot of time past by doing just that. But I needed to begin capturing his free spirit in paint. Watercolour paint that is. First I focussed on the surrounding where the goldfish spend most of his time. Facing just above the coloured stoned. Every once in a while, I could quickly capture an outine of his face, his underbelly and shorter fins in the front. Then I was able to focus on this long delicate tail which kept swishing from side to side. Once this was done.... I was able to focus on his colours. Deep yellows, oranges and reds with freckles of brown. Every so often, the colourful from stones reflected underneath his belly... almost making him look royal.