Wire Sculpture: Figure with Cane



Wire Sculpture: Figure with Cane
My lovely, full of class, wire man looks incredible but it took a lot to get it this way. Wire sculptures are based on four things.
  • Number 1, the frame of the shape. To create a person I first made a frame which looked like a stick person.
  • Number 2, the wrapping. All humans have flesh on their bones well my wire man needed something that looked like flesh to construct the illusion of him being 3D. Wrapping the wire around the frame formulated the correct image.
  • Number 3, support. In this picture I used magnets to hold him down on to the tin can. Later on I realized, it wasn't stable enough so I came up with the idea of nails through the can and hooking on to him.
  • Number 4, decoration. We have clothing, accessories, and many more, it's only fair we give him a few elements of  class to look a little bit more appealing. Not all wire figures use these steps to be honest they always look good, it's just presentation most people lack.