Chalk Pastel: Still Life of Fruit



Chalk Pastel: Still Life of Fruit
Before I began this drawing, I placed a an apple, a banana, some grapes, and a peach in front of me, so I could create this art piece correctly. As I analyzed the colours of each individual fruit I noticed a trace of yellow somewhere hidden in all the hues. For that reason, I carefully drew my fruits in yellow and started to blend.

Firstly I coloured each one in their obvious colour,like an apple is red and a banana is yellow. then I brought in the tints and shades, with white for the bright parts and purple, brown, a dark yellow, and a dark green for the dark detail. When I agreed with what I had other colours had to come into play. some objects could other have noticeable blend of colours, for example the banana has a green outline and the peach was filled with many different colours. Although the apple and grapes had no distinct indication of any additional hues. Therefore I blended the colours beside each obvious one, on the colour wheel. I kept a note in my mind about blending too much and blend too little. Also, to blend each item separately, for instance every grape should be coloured properly one by one.